BORCHERS: A MILLIKEN BRAND / CASE STUDY
At a Glance
Borchers uses Alchemy to Link Lab Success to Commercial Success
Formulation, Testing, Application Development, and Artificial Intelligence
- Long sample creation and testing times
- High product development costs
Results with Alchemy
- Reduced total sample creation and testing time from 30 to 6 hours
“With Alchemy, we have a global view of how our tech service teams and product lines are performing in different regions around the world. This integrated lab-to-field performance visibility helps us develop and improve our applications month after month.”
— Loulou Rozek, Global Head of Technical Services, Borchers
Borchers, a Milliken & Co. company, is a leading supplier of coating additives and specialty catalyst solutions. Their products — including cobalt-free driers, dispersants, and more — are used to enhance coatings across a variety of applications and industries.
As a global manufacturer, Borchers has technical service teams in the US, Germany, and China. To meet constantly changing customer needs, they prioritize quick response times and strive for effective collaboration both within and outside of the organization.
Borchers chose Alchemy's global electronic lab notebook (ELN) and laboratory information management system (LIMS) to help its technical service teams meet increasingly stringent environmental regulations and specific market demands.
With the integration of Alchemy's ELN and LIMS, Borchers' application development and testing are handled by one system. This unified system helps them to easily capture data at each step — from opportunities, projects, and requirements to formulations, testing, analysis, feedback, and beyond.
Alchemy's dynamic comparison tables have made formulating and analysis easier than ever. When starting a project, Borchers can use Alchemy to search for and reuse previous formulations and results. They can also track project management, including status, outcome, and commercial success.
Reduction in testing times
- The Head of Technical Services now has a global view of performance in different regions.
- Customers can collaborate and provide feedback in a secure digital space.
- The sales team now has visibility of lab projects, including status and customer input.
- Process bottlenecks have been resolved, reducing response times.
- Tracking, measuring, and reporting are easier across projects, processes, teams, products, and tests.
- The lab's technical success data can now be tied directly to commercial success.
- Integration with lab instruments has simplified data capture and analysis.
Request a meeting
Want to learn more about how Alchemy can help your company expedite product research and development?
Speak with a member of our team today!
Alchemy is a Silicon Valley-based cloud software company that helps chemicals companies modernize how they work in order to accelerate the development, sale, and servicing of formulas. Alchemy’s highly customizable lab management solution digitizes the business processes related to lab project and portfolio management. Our customers get significant value out of the box: faster turnaround time on lab work, more throughput from the lab, and real-time visibility to status metrics on customer-requested and internal projects.
Learn more about our Lab Management Software at:
1700 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA
414 Union Street
Novi Sad 21101,
Phone: (+381) 65-543-2115
Admin Mailing Address
2443 Fillmore Street
San Francisco, CA